Wasa Limited Tall Model Ship 32 inch
The Wasa scale model ship. Handcrafted by our master ship craftsman. Made with careful detail, our display ships are historically accurate and fully assembled.
Wasa is a retired Swedish warship built between 1626 and 1628. The ship foundered after sailing about 1,300 m into its maiden voyage on 10 August 1628. It fell into obscurity after most of her valuable bronze cannons were salvaged in the 17th century until she was located again in the late 1950s in a busy shipping lane just outside the Stockholm harbor. Salvaged with a largely intact hull in 1961, it was housed in a temporary museum called Wasavarvet ('The Wasa Shipyard') until 1988 and then moved permanently to the Vasa Museum in the Royal National City Park in Stockholm. The ship is one of Sweden's most popular tourist attractions and has been seen by over 35 million visitors since 1961. Since her recovery, Wasa has become a widely recognised symbol of the Swedish 'great power period' and is today a de facto standard in the media and among Swedes for evaluating the historical importance of shipwrecks.
Proudly made in the U.S.A.
32" Long x 9" Wide x 28" High (1:85 scale)
- Built from scratch over hundreds of hours by master artisans
- Accurate scale replica tall ship models of the Wasa
- Museum Quality features not available in other tall ship models under $3,000 or any kit
- Over 1,000 individual hull pieces, with more than 100 carved adornments
- Detailed scrollwork, carvings, beakhead and railed quarter balconies with hand-painting
- Historically correct sails
- Extensive rigging with hundreds of single, double and triple deadeyes
- Realistic lifeboats with oars and numerous other deck features
- Numerous additional deck details such as cannon balls, barrels, rope coils, cleats, etc.
- Individual wooden planks used in plank-on-frame hull construction
- High quality woods include walnut, cherry, birch, teak and rosewood
- Gun ports actually cut into the hull
- Amazing Details, including:
- Planked deck with nail holes
- Authentic scale lifeboats with oars
- Curved wooden staircases ascend aftcastle and forecastle
- Numerous individual cannon arm the ship
- Solid brass cannon fire through actual gun ports
- Cannonball racks, buckets, barrels, rope coils and other nautical items adorn decks
- Lattice grates, rudder chains, wooden ladders and planked steps
- Metal anchors on thick hawsers
- Masterfully stitched, heavy canvas sails hold shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- Cloth flags fly from masts and rigging
- Limited production run
- Wooden display base features four arched dolphins
- Pictured with marble base (available for purchase)
- Extensive research of original plans, historical drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy
NOTE: There is an optional model of the Wasa 32" available without sails for the same price. Simply note at the bottom of our checkout page that you would like the Wasa 32" without sails.