USS Constitution Limited Tall Model Ship 38 inch
USS Constitution scale model ship. Handcrafted by our master ship craftsman. Made with careful detail, our display ships are historically accurate and fully assembled.
USS Constitution, also known as Old Ironsides, is a wooden-hulled, three-masted heavy frigate of the United States Navy named by President George Washington after the United States Constitution. She is the world's oldest commissioned naval vessel still afloat. She was launched in 1797, one of six original frigates authorized for construction by the Naval Act of 1794 and the third constructed. Joshua Humphreys designed the frigates to be the young Navy's capital ships, and so Constitution and her sisters were larger and more heavily armed and built than standard frigates of the period. She was built in the North End of Boston, Massachusetts at Edmund Hartt's shipyard. Her first duties were to provide protection for American merchant shipping during the Quasi-War with France and to defeat the Barbary pirates in the First Barbary War.
Proudly made in the U.S.A.
38" Long x 10" Wide x 28" High (1:64 scale)
- Built from scratch over hundreds of hours by master artisans
- High quality woods include cherry, birch, maple and rosewood
- Individual wooden planks used in hull construction
- Meticulous painting accurately matches the real USS Constitution
- Museum Quality features not available in other tall ship models under $3,000 or any kit
- Handcrafted rosewood eagle on the stern
- Accurate beakhead design and scrollwork
- Netting on bow and along gunwale to prevent boarding
- Increased detail of deck features, cannon carriages, painting and other features
- 200% more rigging than our 30” USS Constitution model features over 200 blocks and deadeyes
- Two anchors weigh aside the bow
- Cannon carriages tied-down to deck to reduce recoil
- Other Amazing Details, including:
- Planked deck with nail holes
- Authentic scale lifeboats
- Rudder chains, cannonball racks
- U.S. shield on the bow
- Solid brass cannons and metal anchors
- Additional deck details such as cannon balls, barrels, etc.
- 23 masterfully stitched, heavy canvas sails hold shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- Limited production run only 50 of this tall ship model
- Certificate of Authenticity individually numbered and signed by HMS Founder and Master Builder Richard Norris
- Wooden display base features four arched dolphins
- Pictured with marble base (available for purchase)
- Extensive research of original plans, historical drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy