United States Coast Guard (USCG) Eagle Limited Tall Model Ship 21 inch
The USCGC Eagle scale model ship. Handcrafted by our master ship craftsman. Made with careful detail, our display ships are historically accurate and fully assembled.
USCGC Eagle (WIX-327), formerly the Horst Wessel and also known as the Barque Eagle, is a 295-foot barque used as a training cutter for future officers of the United States Coast Guard. She is one of only two active commissioned sailing vessels in the United States military today, along with USS Constitution which is ported in the Boston Harbor. She is the seventh Coast Guard cutter to bear the name in a line dating back to 1792, including the Revenue Cutter Eagle.
Each summer, Eagle deploys with cadets from the United States Coast Guard Academy and candidates from the Officer Candidate School for periods ranging from a week to two months. These voyages fulfill multiple roles. The primary mission is training the cadets and officer candidates, but the ship also performs a public relations role for the Coast Guard and the United States. Often, Eagle makes calls at foreign ports as a goodwill ambassador.
Proudly made in the U.S.A.
21" Long x 6" Wide x 13" High (1:160 scale)
- Handcrafted from scratch by our master artisans
- Accurately hand-painted to match the actual tall ship USCG Eagle
- White and red hull seperated by hand-painted blue water line
- Hand-painted gold eagle serves as the masthead
- Amazing Details, including:
- Four authentic scale lifeboats
- Metal railing used around the vessel
- 23 sails hold shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- Authentic steering wheels positioned throughout deck and a ship's helm
- American flag hangs from rear rigging
- Model is attached to wooden base to provide security so model does not fall over
- Metal name plate is attached to wood base displaying the tall ship name USCG Eagle
- Extensive research of original plans, historic drawings, paintings, and actual photographs