Star of India Limited Tall Model Clipper Ship 21 inch
The Star of India scale model ship. Handcrafted by our master ship craftsman. Made with careful detail, our display ships are historically accurate and fully assembled.
Star of India was built in 1863 at Ramsey in the Isle of Man as Euterpe, a full-rigged iron windjammer ship. After a career sailing from Great Britain to India and New Zealand, she became a salmon hauler on the Alaska to California route. Retired in 1926, she was not restored until 1962–63 and is a seaworthy museum ship home-ported at the Maritime Museum of San Diego in San Diego, California. She is the oldest ship still sailing regularly and also the oldest iron-hulled merchant ship still floating.The ship is both a California Historical Landmark and United States National Historic Landmark.
Proudly made in the U.S.A.
21" Long x 6" Wide x 13" High (1:160 scale)
- Handcrafted from scratch by our master artisans
- Accurately hand-painted to match the actual tall ship Star of India
- Authentic textured copper finish plates featured below the water line
- Amazing Details, including:
- Three authentic scale lifeboats
- Metal anchors weigh aside the bow
- Metal railing used around the vessel
- 26 pin striped sails hold their shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- American flag hangs from rear rigging
- Figure head is finely painted white to match the actual Star of India vessel
- Model is attached to wooden base to provide security so model does not fall over
- Metal name plate is attached to wood base displaying the tall ship name Star of India
- Extensive research of original plans, historic drawings, paintings, and actual photographs