Sovereign of the Seas Limited Tall Model Ship 39 inch
The Sovereign of the Seas scale model ship. Handcrafted by our master ship craftsman. Made with careful detail, our display ships are historically accurate and fully assembled.
Sovereign of the Seas was a 17th-century warship of the English Navy. She was ordered as a 90-gun first-rate ship of the line of the English Royal Navy, but at launch was armed with 102 bronze guns at the insistence of the king. It was later renamed Sovereign, and then Royal Sovereign. The ship was launched on 13 October 1637 and served from 1638 until 1697, when a fire burned the ship to the waterline at Chatham.
Proudly made in the U.S.A.
39" Long x 15" Wide x 33" High (1:86 scale)
- Built from scratch over hundreds of hours by master artisans
- Accurate scale replica tall ship models of the Sovereign of the Seas
- Museum Quality features not available in other tall ship models under $3,000 or any kit
- Over 1,000 individual hull pieces, with more than 100 carved adornments
- Detailed scrollwork, carvings, beakhead and railed quarter balconies with hand-painting
- Historically correct sails
- Extensive rigging with hundreds of single, double and triple deadeyes
- Realistic lifeboats with oars and numerous other deck features
- Numerous additional deck details such as cannon balls, barrels, rope coils, cleats, etc.
- Individual wooden planks used in plank-on-frame hull construction
- High quality woods include walnut, cherry, birch, teak and rosewood
- Gun ports actually cut into the hull
- Amazing Details, including:
- Planked deck with nail holes
- Authentic scale lifeboats with oars
- Wooden staircases ascend aftcastle and forecastle
- Over 100 individual cannon arm the ship
- Solid brass cannon fire through actual gun ports
- Cannonball racks, buckets, barrels, rope coils and other nautical items adorn decks
- Lattice grates, rudder chains, wooden ladders and planked steps
- Four metal anchors on anchor-chains
- Masterfully stitched, heavy canvas sails hold shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- Cloth flags fly from masts and rigging
- Extensive research of original plans, historical drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy
- NOTE: All models now have a natural wood hull below waterline. The white has been discontinued.
- Only 25 Produced with signed Certificate of Authenticity