RMS Scythia Limited Model Cruise Ship 50 inch
The RMS Scythia scale model ship. Handcrafted by our master ship craftsman. Made with careful detail, our display ships are historically accurate and fully assembled.
RMS Scythia was a Cunard liner. She sailed on her maiden voyage in 1921, and became a troop and supply ship during the Second World War. Scythia was the longest serving Cunard liner until 4 September 2005, when her record was surpassed by MS Queen Elizabeth 2.
Proudly made in the U.S.A.
50" Long x 10" Wide x 24" High (1:212 scale)
- Built from scratch by our master artisans
- High quality woods include cherry, birch, maple and rosewood
- Museum Quality features not available in other models or any kit
- Paint colors precisely matched to those of the RMS Sythia ships
- All windows and portholes exactly sized and positioned according to the original RMS Sythia construction plans
- Historical design and detailing of superstructure and hull
- Triple propeller design and accurate anchors
- Metal trussed crane booms with twin cables and pulleys on cargo hooks
- Detailed, separate lattice grates on all ducts and vents
- Metal slat deck benches rather than solid carved wood
- Finely-crafted wire maintenance ladders ascend smokestacks
- Meticulous painting to accurately match the actual RMS Sythia
- Amazing Details, including:
- Lifeboats hung from launching davits
- Rigging and stay-lines on all masts and smokestack
- All ladders, staircases and handrails produced from delicate metal wire
- Numerous deck objects and features include deck cleats, vent shafts, lattice grates, miniature benches and more
- Limited production of these model RMS Sythia replicas
- Extensive research of original plans, historical drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy
NOTE: The nameplate in the picture is wrong, the correct nameplate has been added to the model.