USS Constitution Tall Model Ship 30 inch
USS Constitution scale model ship. Handcrafted by our master ship craftsman. Made with careful detail, our display ships are historically accurate and fully assembled.
USS Constitution, also known as Old Ironsides, is a wooden-hulled, three-masted heavy frigate of the United States Navy named by President George Washington after the United States Constitution. She is the world's oldest commissioned naval vessel still afloat. She was launched in 1797, one of six original frigates authorized for construction by the Naval Act of 1794 and the third constructed. Joshua Humphreys designed the frigates to be the young Navy's capital ships, and so Constitution and her sisters were larger and more heavily armed and built than standard frigates of the period. She was built in the North End of Boston, Massachusetts at Edmund Hartt's shipyard. Her first duties were to provide protection for American merchant shipping during the Quasi-War with France and to defeat the Barbary pirates in the First Barbary War.
Proudly made in the U.S.A.
30" Long x 9" Wide x 23" High (1:82 scale)
- Built from scratch by master artisans
- Individual wooden planks used in hull construction
- High quality woods include cherry, birch, maple and rosewood
- 300-400% more rigging than our USS Constitution 20” tall model ship
- Gun ports actually cut into the hull
- Amazing Details, including:
- Planked deck with nail holes
- Authentic scale lifeboat
- Rudder chains, cannonball racks
- U.S. shield on the bow
- Handcrafted rosewood eagle on the stern
- Solid brass cannons and metal anchors
- Additional deck details such as cannon balls, barrels, etc.
- 23 masterfully stitched, heavy canvas sails hold shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- Meticulous painting accurately matches the actual USS Constitution
- Wooden display base features four arched dolphins
- Pictured with marble base (no longer availalbe with this model, only the USS Constitution Limited 30")
- Extensive research of original plans, historical drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy
NOTE: DUE TO BREAKING IN SHIPPING THE PORT AND STERN LIFEBOATS ARE NOT OFFERED ON THIS MODEL.