USS Constellation Limited Tall Model Ship 37 inch
USS Constellation scale model ship. Handcrafted by our master ship craftsman. Made with careful detail, our display ships are historically accurate and fully assembled.
USS Constellation is a sloop-of-war, the last sail-only warship designed and built by the United States Navy. She was built in 1854, using a small amount of material salvaged from the frigate USS Constellation, which had been disassembled the year before. Despite being a single-gundeck "sloop," she is actually larger than her original frigate build, and more powerfully armed with fewer but much more potent shell-firing guns.
The sloop was launched on 26 August 1854 and commissioned on 28 July 1855 with Captain Charles H. Bell in command. She remained in service for close to a century before finally being retired in 1954. She is now preserved as a museum ship in Baltimore, Maryland, and is a National Historic Landmark.
Proudly made in the U.S.A.
37" Long x 12" Wide x 28" High (1:100 scale)
- Built from scratch over hundreds of hours by master artisans
- High quality woods include cherry, birch, maple and rosewood
- Individual wooden planks used in hull construction
- Meticulous painting accurately matches the real USS Constellation
- Museum Quality features not available in other tall ship models under $3,000 or any kit
- Accurate beakhead design and scrollwork
- Increased detail of deck features, cannon carriages, painting and other features
- Extensive rigging features over 200 blocks and deadeyes
- Metal anchors weigh aside the bow
- Cannon carriages tied-down to deck to reduce recoil
- Other Amazing Details, including:
- Planked deck with nail holes
- Authentic scale lifeboats
- Rudder chains, cannonball racks
- Solid brass cannons and metal anchors
- Additional deck details such as cannon balls, barrels, etc.
- Masterfully stitched, heavy canvas sails hold shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- Limited production run only 25 of this tall ship model
- Certificate of Authenticity individually numbered and signed by HMS Founder and Master Builder Richard Norris
- Wooden display base features four arched dolphins
- Pictured with marble base (available for purchase)
- Extensive research of original plans, historical drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy